What is Halong Bay weather like in February
You are planning a visit to Halong Bay in February. You don’t know if it is a good time to be in Halong Bay. Keep reading for our detailed weather forecast of Halong Bay in February as well as travel tips.
February is late winter and early spring in Vietnam in general, so the weather is getting warmer. In the daylight, it is very comfortable with light sunshine. During the night, temperature decreases making it a bit colder.
The average sea temperature is 19.30C which is not too cold if you want to swim.
The average humidity is 81% during the month. This is not the most humid month in Halong Bay. In fact, it doesn’t affect your outdoor activities, and you will feel better when you are out on the bay.
⚡ From US$ 3̶8̶4̶ 338 / 2pax
Tips for travelling Halong Bay in February
Halong Bay February weather is pleasant with light sunshine and less rain. This is also one of the peak month of the tourism season here. So take the chance to discover the World Heritage Site with some insider’s tips as follows:
- In the day it can be warm but the temperature drops during the night. Remember to bring a light jacket.
- It is still in high season so make sure to have all your hotels, cruise and transportation booked in advance. The cruise rate can be higher during this period so with early booking you are likely to get a discount or at least a better price.
- Seafood is famous for its freshness and high quality in Halong. Seafood hotpot is a good option for dinner. In addition, squid cake is the most well-known speciality of Halong. You should not miss the chance to taste some when in Halong.
- The best way to discover Halong bay is cruising. There are special “Tet Cruise” which is designed to bring you quintessence of Vietnam. You will get to live in the Vietnamese festive spirit. There are numerous Halong Bay tours are operated during this special season for you to decide.
- February is a crucial time in Vietnam. It is the time for Tet Holiday or Lunar New Year – the biggest celebration of Vietnamese people. This year, Lunar New Year comes by 15th of February 2018. Every street and house is decorated with flower and cherry blossom to welcome the New Year. You will have the chance to experience a Vietnamese traditional New Year which is much different from what you have back home.