Before you go
Before you depart for your Bhaya Cruises, there are a few things you should be sure to do. We ask that you send all requested personal information to us no later than 3 days prior to your cruise departure. We must have this information in order to appropriately register your cruise with the port authorities, and if such information is missing or incorrect we cannot guarantee your permission to board.
Bring with you all personal items and necessities for the 2 or 3 days duration of your cruise. Keep in mind the activities you expect to take part in as you pack your luggage. Remember to bring sun protection with your swim gear, and if you plan on any hiking or cycling a good pair of shoes and comfortable clothes are a must. Northern Vietnam gets surprisingly cool from December to February, so if you are cruising in the winter months be sure to come equipped to stay warm.
Don't forget your camera and any other electronic gadgets you need to record your experience. Be sure your memory card has plenty of space, or bring extra cards, as most passengers end up with far more pictures than they first expected. Finally, pack light and carry along your appreciation for natural beauty and come prepared to fully relax.
During the cruise
During your cruise you will have the option to join a number of activities, depending on your specific itinerary and local conditions. You will be informed by cruise staff about the scheduling of activities, and staff members are always available to answer questions about these activities.
You may choose to go kayaking, or board a traditional wooden rowing boat to visit the Dark & Bright Cave. Sung Sot (Surprise Cave) is one of Halong Bay's largest and most beautiful caverns and a popular spot to visit. The walk into the cave requires you to climb some steps, and you are rewarded with the view from the cave entrance. If your cruise docks on Cat Ba Island, you may trek or cycle several kilometres to visit Viet Hai Village, a remote settlement in a picturesque valley surrounded by forests. On Titov Island you can swim and enjoy the beach, as well as climb the hill to the peak of the island for a panoramic view over Halong Bay.
Please confirm the activity schedule with your cruise staff and be ready to disembark on time. Activities such as kayaking, cycling or trekking require a certain level of physical fitness; be aware of your own capacity and avoid engaging in activities which might be too much for you. At all times, whether on the Bhaya Cruises or on an excursion, strictly follow the guidance of your cruise staff members, as it is designed to ensure your own safety.
Safety & Security
- At Bhaya Classic, the safety and security of our guests and team members is paramount. Each Bhaya Classic cabin is connected to the integrated boat-wide alarm system, and is equipped with a fire extinguisher, hammer, flashlight and life jackets.
- Bhaya Classic boats are all equipped with integrated boat-wide alarm systems, life rings, life rafts and fire extinguishers.
- Before each cruise, all passengers take part in a safety briefing.
Company Safety Measures
- All Bhaya Classic ships are commanded by a Captain, and manned by a professional Deck Crew and Cruise Staff. All Crew and Staff members have earned training certificates or recognized expertise, as accredited by the relevant Vietnamese Government Authority or Agency.
- All Bhaya Classic ships operate under professional daily technical supervision and ongoing maintenance schedules. Each ship undergoes regular monthly and bi-annual routine maintenance and an annual dry-docking to ensure all aspects of seaworthiness and the good condition of accommodations.
- Our Cruise Managers conduct a safety briefing for all passengers prior to each departure. The briefing includes on-board safety procedures and clear instructions in case of emergency.
- All Bhaya Classic Crews are trained for SOLAS (Safety of Life at Sea) and dealing with emergencies. Refresher training sessions and live drills are conducted every 6 months.
- Every ship is fitted with professional marine safety equipment: VHF Radio, GPS Plotting, Two-way radios, Water Ingress Alarm System, Anti-sinking Pump System, Fire Alarm system and fire extinguishers.
- Each ship is inspected by the local Maritime Registration Authority annually and certified accordingly.
- All Bhaya Classic ships are covered with maximum ship insurance based on the vessel certification, including total Crew and Passenger capacity.
- Bhaya Classic Cruises places the highest priority on the safety and security of our ships and all Passengers, Crew and Staff on board.
Life jackets available inside cabins and at public areas
Safety Facilities List:
- 120 life jackets total, including 42 inside cabins
- 4 life rafts (for 12 people each)
- 15 life rings, including 8 on the sundeck, 4 in the restaurant and 3 on tender
- 21 hammers
- 21 fire extinguishers 1kg in cabin for passengers' usage
- 16 fire extinguishers 3.5 kgs on the staircase
- 2 fire extinguisher 34 kgs in the reception area and the restaurant
- 1 alarm for fire in all parts of boat (in case of smoke)
- 1 alarm for water level in basement