You are planning a visit to Halong Bay in February. You don't know if it is a good time to be in Halong Bay. Keep reading for our detailed weather forecast of Halong Bay in February as well as travel tips.
In Fact, the world-renowned Halong Bay is beautiful year round. Each season, you will find another “shade” of this beauty. That’s the reason why each year Halong Bay welcome millions of tourists from around the globe.
February is late winter and early spring in Vietnam in general, so the weather is getting warmer. In the daylight, it is very comfortable with light sunshine. During the night, temperature decreases making it a bit colder.
- In the day it can be warm but the temperature drops during the night. Remember to bring a light jacket.
- It is the high season so make sure to have all your hotels and transportation booked in advance. The hotel rate can be higher during this period so with early booking you are likely to get discount or at least a better price.
- Seafood is famous for its freshness and high quality in Halong. Seafood hotpot is a good option for dinner. In addition, squid cake is the most well-known specialty of Halong. You should not miss the chance to taste some when in Halong.
- The best way to discover Halong bay is cruising. There are special “Tet Cruise” which is designed to bring you quintessence of Vietnam. You will get to live in the Vietnamese festive spirit. There are numerous Halong Bay tours are operated during this special season for you to decide.
- February is a crucial time in Vietnam. It is the time for Tet Holiday or Lunar New Year - the biggest celebration of Vietnamese people. This year, Lunar New Year comes by 15th of February 2018. Every street and house is decorated with flower and cherry blossom to welcome the New Year. You will have the chance to experience a Vietnamese traditional New Year which is much different with what you have back home.